If there’s one thing a facility manager understands, it’s the seriousness of washroom hygiene. Touchless or automatic amenities in commercial washrooms have been around for a long time. They’ve usually been considered a “nice to have ” amenity. But since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, automatic washroom amenities are now a matter of public health and safety.
In a 2020 survey conducted by Dyson, three-quarters of Canadians expressed concern about visiting public washrooms during the pandemic. More than half of them choose to visit public washrooms less frequently. The survey also mentions that 42% of Canadians are concerned with touching buttons on hand dryers. This shows that automatic hand dryers are a solution for minimizing the spread of bacteria and help your guests or customers feel more comfortable using your commercial washroom.
On that note, there are several benefits to investing in a touchless bathroom experience and a few ways to do so. Four of them include:
- Waste reduction and cost savings: Touchless products can control the quantity of product dispensed with pre-set amounts. For faucets, soap, and sanitizer dispensers, you can calibrate how much product can be used by one person at a time. These prevent people from using too much water, soap, or paper towels and save you replacement costs in the long run. Automatic faucets can help reduce your facility’s water consumption by up to 20%.
- Ease of use: Automatic features in faucets and dispensers are also convenient for children or people with limited motor skills. Touchless bathroom faucets are equipped with sensors that only have to detect a person’s hands. Your guests will appreciate not having to touch and adjust hot and cold-water knobs or soap dispensers (knobs which, by the way, can build up grime from contact).
- Limits the spread of disease: E-coli, hepatitis, and the common cold are a few diseases that can lurk on the surfaces of sinks, doorknobs, and toilet seats if not cleaned on demand. Automatic features can eliminate the physical contact required to operate amenities and prevent guests from constantly touching the same surfaces. This helps protect staff and guests who frequently come in and out of your facility.
- Improves your bathrooms’s visual appearance: Automated products are usually sleek and modern in design. In commercial spaces like hotels, restaurants, malls, and offices, washrooms can provide your guests with a luxurious and positive experience.
How do touchless bathrooms work?
The fixtures use built-in sensors to detect if a user is near and dispense water, sanitizer, or soap as needed. The sensor, power source, and controls that monitor product flow are all hidden from plain sight to ensure a sleek and easy to use system. In Touchless toilet systems, infrared motion sensors trigger when a user moves a specific distance away and flushes automatically.
Design your touchless commercial bathroom with Biochem
Build or upgrade your bathroom with a modern range of dispensers and disposal systems from Biochem. Our automatic product range includes:
Feminine napkin disposal:
- Bioguard Solar Lite: It is a discreet and hands-free disposal system that reduces the risk of cross-contamination. The system is solar-power assisted, energy saving to prolong the life of the battery. It is also available with a patented bacteriostatic solution that helps increase its capacity and reduce odours. Avoid having clumsy, unhygienic sanitary bins in your washrooms. Installing a modern unit with improved functionality will help your female guests feel comfortable using it.
- Sanitizer Dispensers: Biochem has fixed and stand-up sanitizer dispensers available in 1000ml and 1200ml options. Both are built with durable and sleek designs. Our industrial grade/ high capacity sanitizer dispenser offers a 4-litre bottle usage and the option to be bolted to the floor for high-traffic washrooms or building entrances.
- Soap Dispensers: These can be mounted for use with environmentally friendly hand soaps and even sanitizers. Biochem can provide your facility with gel and foam soaps made with hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and non-fragrant solutions. We also have available a countertop touchless unit, Bio Auto soap dispenser.
- Auto Faucets: Our auto faucets can help conserve water using a lower flow rate. Bio Auto Solar faucet comes built with a solar panel assist to the battery to help save energy so they can be used longer and without interruptions.
Leave your installation to Biochem! To get a quote on any of Biochem’s automatic products or to find out how Biochem can help you plan touchless bathrooms, contact your local Biochem office or call their Head Office at 416-747-6600.